POWER OF THE MIND
You don’t have power until you’ve changed your attitude!
Why? Because art is an emotional expression of the heart. If your emotions are negative, you can’t paint beautiful paintings.
You often hear people say, “I wish I could paint like you!” But they never get around to actually painting something. Then tell me please, how do, they ever expect it to happen.
Maybe they think, like most people think, that artists are born with talent. That someday they will just sit down and Walla, their first painting is a great masterpiece!
Can you believe that? Yes, believe it or not, that is what new students expect with their first art lesson! That somehow the teacher will put a spell on them and they will turn out great works of art. How unrealistic can you be, but strangely, this is what most people expect.
Talent doesn’t grow on trees either! Just seeing something they like and thinking they can do it, “It looks so easy, any fool can paint it”
- Wishful thinking doesn’t work.
- One or two lessons won’t make you an artist.
- Desire to paint doesn’t make it happen.
- Looking at art books isn’t sufficient.
- Believing you can do it isn’t enough.
- Real intent coupled with action gets the ball rolling.
- `Diving in boots and all’, creates a mess, but it is a beginning.
- Passion for what you are doing inspires you.
- But working at it, for the right reasons gets results.
- Looking beyond reality awakens your soul to new theories.
- Experimenting with new concepts pushes your artistic boundaries.
- Success is following your heart. Doing what you like doing most.
- Taking up challenges, against all odds.
- Living the life of an artist, or whatever you want to be, every day.
- If no one sees your talent, no one will know you have it.
- Building up capital doesn’t happen without producing what sells.
What is your input on this topic?
Love to hear from you. Feel free to put your remarks in the comment box below.