Artistic expertise of the artist ADA FAGAN
- Ada produces fine visual art. Generally oils and watercolours. Sometimes pastels.
- She paints mostly landscapes, seascapes and wildlife. But her cosmos flowers and river scenes are very popular too.
- Not only she is one of the best artists today in her field of art, but she also gives good advice and tips on art. You’ll find all you need to know on this website on how to paint the most exciting dynamic paintings!
Ada’s artistic expertise is an inspiration to many artists.
If you have already read the full story “About the Artist“, you would have discovered how she overcame the chauvinistic attitude of her high school vice-principal. To him, in those days, woman didn’t have a chance to have artistic careers. It was expected that women did only office routine jobs until they married. And thereafter just housewives; standing behind the sink and looking after their families!!
Ada was the last of four children. Her parents were pensioners by the time she was in high school. So they couldn’t afford to put her through art college. So she realized it was up to her to make it on her own.
Having started out with this disadvantage didn’t stop her from doing her own research and experimenting with what she learnt. Even though she has had five children she continued to make inroads into the art world.
Her artistic expertise was gained by persistent effort. Once credited as an artist, she took on commissions, did demos at galleries and taught art on request.
Having kept notes and learnt from her ,many experiences, she discovered new theories and compiled them into art books, covering every art topic you can imagine.
Its her opinion, if she could overcome the opposition she has experienced, so can other artists. “One must never give up on one’s dream and talent. Talent is something YOU achieve through hard persistent work, forever re-assessing your skills and finding new ways to improve your skills.”
Also check the page on Ada’s “Talent & Style” .
Ada’s aim is to help other artists:
Ada gives out many secrets and tips.
- There is always a tip or two you can gleam from the demos she does. How she did things while out painting. How she painted from photos she had taken of places she has traveled to, or photos others have given her to paint. See page and categories “Photo Demos” and “Location Paintings”.
- Her blogs are very informative with illustrations.
- Ada describes and puts things differently with each blog, because people’s personalities and skills differ. How we absorb facts and observe things are so different too.
- As to her art books, Ada approaches theories and techniques from different perspectives, so all can understand and achieve those skills too.